Monday, February 17, 2020

Notice Regarding Wikipedia

     Hello everybody! I would like to address an issue regarding Wikipedia and the controversy that surrounds using it as a source. The arguments of those who are against Wikipedia typically contain the phrases "But anybody can change it!" and "Regular people write those, not teachers and scholars!" and to that I say, it's true. Wikipedia itself states here that it's not a reliable website. But Wikipedia has a reliability percentage of 80%, which is still pretty good. Obviously, it would be better if I use other sources such as Encyclopaedia Britannica or other similar sources, but I can't be bothered to buy the books or use their website.

     I use Wikipedia because the interface is smart and simple. Please keep in mind that I'm not using Wikipedia for all my entries, just some of them. If you spot an error, please comment under the affected post where the error is and I will be more than willing to fix it. Thanks for taking the time to read this and please, if you have any questions, please feel free to comment down below. Thank you!

     Sincerely,

     Mr. Nations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Think to yourself, "Would I say this to a child?"